Welcome Back.

May 19, 2009 candacemorris 5 Comments

Joel and I have returned safely to gorgeous Seattle. Since we spent most of the time nauseated from the heat in Southern California (despite being born and raised in such temperatures), we were so very happy to return to a beautiful blanket of light gray, slight off-shore breezes, and the lightest of spring rain. It may sound crazy to some, but we couldn't be happier with our decision to stay in Seattle and to return to it after vacations.

Our little holiday was very relaxing. We flew into Long Beach, where my dear old friend Karen and her newest addition, Delaney, greeted us with hugs and kisses. We headed back to their lovely historic home in Riverside, and spent the next few days doing exactly as we had planned: a whole lot of nothing. We enjoyed it so!

From Dunlap Visit May 2009



Dunlap Visit May 2009


They drove us then to Fallbrook, CA to meet up halfway with my bro and sister, with whom we were spending the rest of our time in San Diego, CA. San Diego was much cooler than Riverside, but still was a bit too hot for Joel and I. We opted to spend most of the time on my sister's patio, relaxing, drinking beer, laughing, and celebrating my bro-in-law's Scott's bday at an amazing lounge in SD, The Starlight. It was gorgeous and a very fun night.

From Goodrich Visit May 2009


We were also told that day of my sister's 12 week old pregnancy!! WHAT UTTER BLISS IS MINE! I was so surprised and happy that my tears were uncontrollable. I was also able to go to an ultrasound appointment with her, which was a luxury that living apart does not usually afford. I could not be happier at the expectation of another niece or nephew.

Goodrich Visit May 2009


a happy auntie,
crm

You Might Also Like

5 comments:

emilyclare said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
emilyclare said...

Welcome back Mrs Bookling, we've missed you... But I'm glad you've had a good time; with what looks like a lot of babies. The sight of you napping with that little Delaney is so natural and lovely. And I adore that recycled chapel - espeically the ceiling art!

Anonymous said...

you're fantastic, love your blog :)

Leiflet said...

Well, i'm glad that SOMEONE finally put pictures of Delaney online! You guys look like you had so much fun.

BTW, you're on my shitlist for not responding to me about visiting.

Joanna Lee said...

Aww! What a cute baby and another one on the way!

It's always nice to come home and realize you're happy to be there!