Self-Care Challenge Day Five and BIG NEWS IN MY WRITING CAREER

May 29, 2009 candacemorris 11 Comments

Oh fabulous, fabulous Friday. Today I woke up feeling so much better than yesterday. I had successfully confronted a small part of my journey and awoke with anticipation at my lunch with friends and my previously-scheduled facial.

Day Five: Lunch with gals and facial

But there was much more to this momentous day in my personal history. This morning, before I left for lunch, I was sitting at my computer with my coffee when all of a sudden and email pops up from the editor of Antler Magazine(which is a totally wonderful publication in the style of fashion magazine, but featuring artists of every sort). I had sent her a little "look at my blogs" email quite a few months ago, but today I got a positive response back AND, ANNNNDDDD a request to write a few articles!!!!!



I could hardly contain myself. I hadn't been that high on adrenaline since, well...ever really. As I replied to the editor, I realized that this may actually be happening for me. Writing for a living, or writing professionally, or writing at all and being able to put it out there is in every regard a dream come true. Even if I totally botch up the article* and nothing comes from it, I will never forget this day and will always consider it a success!

It feels UNREAL!

So I feel totally pampered in a very real way today. It feels like if this writing thing could be real, then my being laid off in February and the fight for this new lifestyle of staying at home and pursuing my soul's interests will have all made more sense to me. To have the luxury to attend to your soul AND meet success there, shoot...that is the ULTIMATE self-care in my book.

How's your pampering going? Remember, this challenge extends through the weekend until Monday, so keep it up!

~crm

*She mentioned doing an article on the top 5 older (i think she means 'classics') books that readers need to read. I think I'll be okay...:)

You Might Also Like

11 comments:

congrats!! :)
I know there are very few things more rewarding then hearing that someone values the work that you put so much of yourself into.

jordan said...

oh man lady friend...that's HUGE!!!! big congrats, i'm so proud to know ya (even if it is only online as it is). see, the lay-off really WAS a sign that you just need to do what you're meant to do - does she need photographs for the articles? because we all know you take some mean photos. HUGE HUGS FROM ME TO YOU
xo
jordan

E.Louise said...

Congratulations!

emilyclare said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
emilyclare said...

Oh my Candace that's marvellous news! That has to be the best Friday pampering (along with facials and lunch with friends). Needless to say as a self-confessed lover of your writing, I think you'll be brilliant at it.

Joanna Lee said...

How wonderful! Congratulations! I am soooo happy for you!!!

You are a wonderful writer and you deserve this chance!

Let us know when you get published. I can't wait to read it!

You have a beautiful blog and a beautiful path ahead of you. Just discovered your blog...so glad I did.

Congratulations!

Oh, WOW!
I'm just glad that we knew you before you became famous.
We are so happy for you and can't wait to hear about how this all develops.

EEEEEEeeeeEEEeEKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!

she said...

could NOT be prouder. or less surprised :)

thanks for sharing this news with me straightaway on friday...it certainly gave a jolt to my hours in this fluorescent cube!

Cassie said...

CONGRATULATIONS! What an accomplishment! Hopefully you link the articles. They would be great to see!