a few vignettes about the office

October 14, 2010 candacemorris 6 Comments

Desk Vignette
Norton Critical 2
Norton Critical Editions
Bookshelf Vignette

I really think that to keep ones sanity, one really must bring bits of warmth and home into the office.  Thomas Moore just wrote an article that I find (like usual) that I agree with.  He mentions one practical way to remain warm in an age of such cool soul practices is the purchasing of something beautiful in your life to counteract the purchasing of something practical.

green wall
the maple

 The office needs a bit of work, but it does have a nice green wall and a really rather gorgeous window.  I am determined to have it relect my personality and soul.  I was thinking of how to decorate it, and I realized that books really are the perfect answer. I grabbed my humble collection of Norton Critical Editions and put them up between two of my photographs.

Each of the items I chose has a meaning and reminder.
It says to my career-gal, "Hey sassy...love your little artist self too."
And then...
I do.

~crm

Sidenote.
Don't you wish that when you take over someone's position, they would leave behind a manual of social observations?  I feel like such a rookie freshman this week, not knowing who is who or why I am supposed to know them or how they know each other or what they think of each other...which I know will get better because I am really quick with names and faces, but I've been so tempted to ask my pretasessor for a book entitled, "Office Gossip 2007-2010."

You Might Also Like

6 comments:

UmberDove said...

If I hadn't conversed with you today, ahem, during your breaks, I would have never know the pics were work.

Also, I'll love you little career-self too. 'Cause artist-you is already near and dear.

Joyful said...

You are doing a great job of bringing your soul into the office with you and helping it settle in there ;-) Love all the light you have too. How blessed you are to have that wonderful window.

Snailentina said...

Sassy! You are inspiring me to revamp my cube too. Although, I don't have that luscious window with that greenery, I'll make it work :)

your office is lovely, and bits of your soul do certianly shine through :)

happy to hear you are settling in.

Taddyporter said...

I love your decor. You are doing good Candace Ruth.

Wow, your office is really nice, CONGRATS...and I totally agree with the fellow Moore, one needs something beautiful and non practical in their office. If you saw my office you would cry for me, ha ha.

xoxo