A beautiful exhaustion...

July 08, 2009 candacemorris 2 Comments

I have just returned from a trip to the Children's Museum at the Seattle Center. I have never been to a cooler museum for kids. It has a grocery store, a fake theatre, a little china town, an awesome art room, and fun play structures. As I enjoy the wonderful fatigue that comes from playing hard with children you love as much as you can imagine loving a child (without having children of my own), as the rosemary-thyme chicken cooks, as the sun creeps below the gray clouds on this wonderfully chilly Seattle day, I find my brain has turned to jello from all the talking, explaining, interceding, negotiating, laughing, and learning...and it feels beautiful.

This morning, my camera FINALLY arrived and it is again well with my soul. It's a beauty! Here's the first posted picture of my new baby, subject is my perspicacious Mekenzie. She's way too bright for this world...

Yellow and Blue Makes Green

Turns out she takes after Uncle Joel - biting her lip while engrossed in a project. This picture was made for Jesus, whom Mekenzie "loves oh so much."

Contentment and Hope be upon you,
crm

You Might Also Like

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh! Love that she's sticking her tongue out, so cute! :) And yay for having a camera again :)

emilyclare said...

What a delightful person to spend the day with... I love the stubby paint brush - and would like to see Joel and Mekenzie side by side biting their lips while focused on tasks at hand...

and I know the bittersweet exhaustion of keeping up with children, but it is so worth it - it speaks to those dormant parts of us and reminds us of all the brightness and possibility...