Tragedy befalls Chateau Bookling

June 13, 2009 candacemorris 4 Comments

I am heartsick over the loss. Dear friends, I have regrettably left my camera at a restaurant, and no one has called to say she has been found. I am distraught, and before you think I am being maudlin, know that this particular family member has much sentimental value.

She was given to me by my sister as a "congratulations on surviving but I am glad your out of teaching" gift. That was FOUR years ago this week, just before Teresa also bought Joel and my way on an Alaskan Cruise. Sigh.

Over these last four years, I have found a part of myself come alive through the lens of that trusty little point and shoot canon. I was not a photographer when she came into my life, and now I am.

But what is a photographer with no camera?

The mister and I are off to find a good deal on a newer one, but I am still so very sad indeed. Good thing I had just emptied the pictures.


Plead with the gods for me in my canon's name.
Plead with me to the gods that what was lost shall be found,

candace


You Might Also Like

4 comments:

jordan said...

oh man. that stinks lady. my dad bought me my camera for xmas one year, and the next month i was in montreal for a vet student conference and i dropped the thing in a bar and thought it was gone for good...luckily someone found it and brought it back to me that night; i hope the same happens to you!! there are benevolents out there just lurking around to do good deeds. hopefully one was waiting to snatch up your camera and return it to you safe and sound!

Joanna Lee said...

I am so sorry about your loss. I know how terrible it is to lose something with so much value! My heart goes to you completely. I hope someone is good enough to return it.

Perhaps there can be some positive twist to this situation. Perhaps it will mark the beginning of something better. I don't know, but I hope it does.

Sending you lots of love and good wishes!

Anonymous said...

Oh no! Goodness, there seems to be alot of losing-cameras going on right now :( I hope you get yours back, and someone is kind enough to return it! :)

Devon said...

Oh, drat! That sucks.

One bit of good news: I brought back with me a Polaroid for you from NY!