Celebratory Mussels: Deadline Met

June 15, 2009 candacemorris 6 Comments

I am bleary-eyed and sleepy this fine summer evening. I am waiting for my lover to prepare our celebratory dinner of mussels & frites and white wine. Oh, he just popped out and said "5 more minutes." Goodies!!!!

We are celebrating my successful ability to meet a deadline! I have had such an interesting journey through the whole process - from crippling fear to writer's block to euphoric glee to the habits I've formed in order to write (ranging from having to wear slacks and heels and sit at a desk, needing either coffee or booze, and being inspired by BLARING classical or 80s music)- all stumbled upon in a gamut of Seattle's coffee shops (turns out I cannot write at home as well as in public). I turned it in at 2:30am last night and am quite excited to embark on the rounds of editions with "MY EDITOR." (I've always wanted to say that!) I never expected to feel so validated and proud of myself. In the recovery of a lifetime where I felt neither of things things, it is especially emotional for me now.

Look for the 4th edition of Antler Magazine coming out June 25th.



the joy of saying "i have a deadline"
the joy of saying "i have a deadline"

i appreciate your support as well. i know first hand that it's sometimes hard to celebrate someone else's success. i also know it can be harder to celebrate your own.
oh but dears, our time is surely coming.

Here’s to you,

candaceruth

You Might Also Like

6 comments:

Yea for you. We are so proud of you.

emilyclare said...

Me too, me too!

she said...

what beautiful, alive, and sparkling eyes you have, candace ruth. i feel their outpouring all the way here...

Devon said...

Yay! Congratulations!!! I didn't quite realize that I was celebrating with you also last night - wonderful, can't wait to read it IN PRINT!!!

Joanna Lee said...

I love success stories! It always makes me more positive about my own future!

I look forward to reading you work!

Congratulations!

Best Wishes for your continude success! You certainly deserve it!

Leiflet said...

That's a beautiful picture, by the way. You are totally growing into yourself, and it's such a privilege to watch.