spring homemaking

March 29, 2011 candacemorris 4 Comments

For the most part, I've adjusted rather well to full-time work with relatively little homesickness for my homemaking days.  But alas, that was winter.

And now it's spring.
Le Spring

And I am still happy with full-time work.  However, just in this last week, I've been hit hard with a full-blown nostalgia for my house...spending all day in it, cleaning it, arranging it, cooking in it, photographing it, writing in it, reading in it.  Since spring usually brings with its blooms a wake of "WAKE UP" and "LET'S MAKE SOMETHING!" it's been hard to channel that energy while not at home.  

I'm sure I'll find a way, but in the meantime, I must say:

Spring 2011
Damn. It's gorgeous out.

blackberries

And there is so much goodness at my fingertips.


I am learning to close doors
so I can fly with grace and beauty through the new windows
thrown agape
that lead to the wide open spaces.


You Might Also Like

4 comments:

UmberDove said...

I can't wait for those wide open spaces to lead through Oregon.

And,
I'm lusty for Spring right now.

LOVE the way those blackberries bleed all over....

WOW! Those cherry blossoms are AMAZING!!! I know its beautiful and warm here in Hawaii, and I so love living here...BUT the sight of cherry blossoms on a Seattle street make my bones ache for home. I used to have a few huge ones on my street, and when the blooms had fallen to the sidewalk and I took my evening stroll, it was like walking through pink snow. Spring in Seatown is a beautiful thing indeed! Thanks for sharing!

Closing doors? Why have I never considered it?