WINTERING

February 27, 2010 candacemorris 5 Comments

Picture it with me if you will.  11 hours of sleep, 4 of those filled with dreams of children screaming for help, lovers finding replacements, and family members clamoring for favors.  The saint left early to work on a brewing weekend, and though I usually revel in alone time, today it feels really sad somehow.  I made a cup of tea and topped my toast with rasberry jam, decided to make a fire (the first time we've needed it in two weeks), and have sat in my living room deciding how today will be.  I'm bundled in confusion and thoughts and transitions and  people and the future and possibilities, and I just cannot seem to think things through clearly.

So today I decided to take advantage of this time, bring out the multitude of empty frames I have and work on a photo wall.  One of the things I was most excited for in this house was my own creative room.  This means I can decorate it in my own way and have a photo wall!  The saint is a rather minimal bloke, and does not enjoy things covering wall space in large proportion, and I can understand that.  So my room will be totally, all, completely, thoroughly ME.  Unfortunately, up until now it's been a storage room for things that had no place (there is an organ in there, seriously).  In preparation for my sister's visit, I've slowly been cleaning it out.  I think today is the day that I really work it out.  I've got some great ideas, and feel nothing but completely in need of an all-encompassing project, turning up Miles Davis obnoxiously loud, donning some red lipstick, and opening bottle of red.

It's grey in my soul today...and Seattle embraces me.
~crm

You Might Also Like

5 comments:

My boy has left for a project as well, and here I am in a similar position, reading philosophy, writing, drinking Yellow Tail,and wearing pink lipstick.

Dutch said...

That sounds like so much fun. Can't wait to see how it turns out.

I'm getting ready to take all my frames down and replace them with new pictures. I have had the same pictures up for 2 years now so I feel it's time for a change. Wish I lived in Seattle already. We would make a day out of it. Wine, music and wall decorating sounds like a good day to me.

Cassie said...

Oh, friend. Had I read this on Saturday, perhaps we could have comforted each other in our lonliness. I was feeling so down and out on Saturday and Husband was at the beach helping his Dad all weekend. I, too, usually don't mind the extra quiet ;) but was feeling outside myself for a time. It all turned around on Sunday and I am thankful for it.

Here's to you, your Monday and a happy March for you!

Sounds lovely! Miles and wine and a creative project :) Looking forward to seeing your photo wall! xo