tapas of goodness

April 16, 2010 candacemorris 3 Comments

I am happy to report on two specific items that are lifting my spirits.

ONE:
My sister has decided to treat us to a night at the opera.  On Tuesday night, we'll be heading to La Traviata and I am just quite eager to clean up (turns out that living with a child decreases your wardrobe to t-shirts and jeans, huh, who knew?) and taking in some musical art.  Teresa loves the opera and we are flexing our wings and soaring into a new life...what a better way to do it?  

TWO:
A benevolent friend has decided to fly me home for a weekend to spend with my husband before I move Teresa and Clara home with us.  We've been apart for five weeks now, and  I had really been been wanting to do it, but we decided to pay our taxes instead...being the upstanding citizens that we are.  Then in quite the gallant manner, our generous friend decided to donate his hard-earned air miles.  It will be so good to be home with Joel.  

So good.

CORRECTION...THREE ITEMS:
I heard my sister singing today.
Though we (she) has a long road ahead of her (one I pray to god I could save her from or at least speed up for her), these days where the burden feels slightly more manageable are gifts indeed.

Off to bed exhausted and hopeful,
crm

You Might Also Like

3 comments:

Unknown said...

As the saying goes "le sigh."

emilyclare said...

Oh for the love of gentle acts of kindness...

You in being your sisters kin,
Joel in being yours,
friends that love you well -
babes that grow -
art that you can close your eyes and escape life's burdens for a while...

Think of me at the opera for I haven't been in so long and have such a yearing for those rich and trembling voices!

Unknown said...

"The Woman Gone Astray"

I've actually read Dumas' "Le Dame Aux Camelias" - not in French, of course.

And, of course, I wouldn't have known that any of that had anything to do with La Traviata if not for Wikipedia.

Anyway - I'm sure it'll be wonderful.