a night at the opera

April 21, 2010 candacemorris 8 Comments

i was a bad me and decided to not take my camera on this wonderful evening.  it was a bit cumbersome for my outfit.  perhaps i shall recreate the evening for you thusly:


We were dropped off at Dobson's...it was really crowded with lawyers enjoying happy hour, so we 
enjoyed our meal at the bar.  I had a delicious steak dinner and Teresa chose the sea scallops.  Two manhattans later, we walked in the wonderful drizzle to the civic center.

This theatre is so very Russian!  Loving all that red.
We had fabulous seats.



We then walked to the US Grant hotel and sipped Oban (McCallan for her) in the gorgeous lounge.

Here's the pic I snapped for the saint.


(i think the gentleman in the background might be my favorite part of this particular photo)

My sister is a pretty freaking fabulous date...
such rich conversation, such great poise and elegance, gorgeous taste, 
 ridiculously charming humor and warmth, and generous as hell.
The opera itself was rather poignant for this time in our lives and we both wept quite a bit.  

We enjoyed our time together so much, 
we felt young, beautiful, and full of the inspiration that only art can bring.

It was this night that I remember my insides saying, "Everything's going to be okay."
And for the first time, I believed it.
Grazi, Verdi.
Merci, ma soeur et mon ami.

You Might Also Like

8 comments:

I love it when you go to the opera.

Everything IS going to be ok! Looks like you had fabulous date!

jordan said...

so, not ONLY did you have fabulous shoes and outfit, but your hair is perfect. your sister is ravishing as always too. looks like an amazing evening - something you both deserved, no doubt.
xo

Joyful said...

You both look fabulous. So glad you enjoyed the opera!

Unknown said...

Teresa... you are looking goood.

Snailentina said...

Great outfit :) I love the baby giving you a look of approval in the background.

Cassie said...

I can't believe I forgot to tell you how lovely this all looks.

How perfect.

Hope you two are taking good care.

xoxo,
cbm

Emily L. said...

Loving those shoes!! Glad you had such a lovely time :)