A snowy weekend in January

January 17, 2012 candacemorris 3 Comments


After feeling ever-so triumphant on Saturday morning (I was able to purchase two tickets to Radiohead just before they were entirely sold out!), I decided to make Morning Glory muffins.  We sat to our light breakfast, which is 3rd breakfast for me since I have to eat so very frequently to ward off nausea), lighted a candle and watched the snow make its gentle way into our good graces.

A few days ago, I found myself smelling the air for snow, hoping we would get a chance to feel the power of winter in these sea-temperate lands.  When it began to fall, I noticed how much it changed my mood.  I began to feel the aching restlessness leave my bones to be replaced by a silence and calm.

We then set off to find my long-legged lubbok a few pair of jeans, after which we ended up in a pub for some food.  I discovered non-alcoholic beer, which is no great discovery at all.  However, it really made me feel more festive and less left out.  I've been so completely bored as a pregnant person, and since I am also so tired, my social energy is tapped.  Plus, I cannot drink which means everyone totally annoys me.  Have you ever been the sober one at a party full of nonsobers?  I advise you to avoid it at all costs.  People really are such a nuisance and I become ever-so cross and impatient with them.  Therefore, social mingling hasn't been my cup of tea.  

In order to break the pattern of watching television because both Joel and I have been so exhausted of late (he with work, me with gestating), we decided to play a game by the fire on Saturday night.  


He taught me to play Risk and them promptly lost.  Poor fellow.

We walk in snow
 Sunday morning we hastily clothed ourselves in order to take a long walk in the snow that had fallen overnight.  We went to breakfast and then popped into the most quaint little children's bookstore.  

Sunday Morning Letters
We came home and nourished ourselves with coffee and pastries and sat down to a quiet house to begin my Sunday morning letter-writing.  The rest of the day was spent in a wonderful household business.  I've not been able to keep up house for weeks now, and I feel myself waking up from a deep sleep.  I am able to carry laundry from one end of the house to the other!  I can stand for 15 minutes to cook!  It's all very glorious, and I took advantage of it on that cozy Sunday afternoon.

More snow is expected to dump tonight and tomorrow.   I am not sad.

Thank you to those of you who entered my book contest.  I've decided to extend it by a week because I want MORE of what you read this year - even if it's cookbooks or books on knitting.  Go here to enter!


You Might Also Like

3 comments:

Joyful said...

Some lovely photos here. I hope you're feeling well soon but in the meantime, hibernating can be good for you.

Snailentina said...

Congrats to you add your Joel lady! I am most looking forward to your humor during pregnancy.

UmberDove said...

My lack of snow leaves me physically aching. (maybe soon...)