i realize that not everyone looks forward to their morning commute

January 07, 2011 candacemorris 7 Comments

maples over the freeway
I wait at a gorgeous bus stop with a latte in hand

bus
My bus plugs along quietly and with minimal passengers

brick beauty in the u district
I travel through the University of Washington campus with its gorgeous architecture

tree salvation in the u district
I grin at tree salvation

ducks at montlake
The bus drives through Madison Park where I laugh at the ducks.

madison park
Then merges onto Montlake with its art deco water decorations and old houses

lake washington
And finally, Lake Washington and all its moods

read
If outside gets mundane, I begin to read

wall of trees
But once we hit the wall of trees on the other side of the lake, I'm usually window gazing yet again

east side
Taking in the vast open skies as the east side opens up into the Cascades

sign
Entering work

office view
View as I walk into my office

my office
Not bad...not bad at all.

Happy Friday, you workaholics.

You Might Also Like

7 comments:

Snailentina said...

I'm going to dare say this is the best post ever. I want to build on it but I also don't want to, I want to keep it so myself. It's magical :) Happy friday fellow corporate bird.

Joyful said...

Beautifully done! Happy Friday :-)

UmberDove said...

My day feels better when it includes your day.

Melissa said...

You have such a large window in your office.

Sigh.

I need a window.

Your office looks like a healthy place to work.

kerin rose said...

Love this post!....and it looks like you are very lucky to live in a place full of so much eye candy!

Unknown said...

I am envious of your commute (and savings on gas)... sometimes I space out so bad on my way to work at 4:30am that I wonder if I'll even make it! Love you, Tim.