THIS COUNTRY LIFE

January 05, 2010 candacemorris 4 Comments

On Monday morning, perhaps the most commonly dreaded morning in human history, I was awakened at some unnoticed hour by the most gentle rain on my roof, the most fragrant coffee dripping into my carafe, and my husband gently encouraging me to awaken.  As I stumbled out into the living room to sit upon my chair and read my book, I heard that the saint had also turned on NPR for me and poured me my coffee.

I really am reveling in this time, fear not, oh jealous ones.  I am most certainly not used to people envying my life, hell...I even envy my life...this is quite surreal.  However, I must assure you all that I am doing all that I can to absorb it, to live it, to make it everything it could possibly be.  Well, at least I am for today.  Tomorrow, I'll probably get antsy, have an existential crisis, feel lazy, and complain...but that's what the gin's for...




This weekend, the saint and I made it into the city to shop and dine...my life is such a paradox of headed to the mailbox in my pjs and headed to the city in my knee socks. 

Also, look at our most revered visitors last week!! The saint snapped these shots while I was out gallivanting at the illustrious Costco.















Happy Tuesday,
crm

You Might Also Like

4 comments:

she said...

yes, i'm as green as those boots with envy right now as i type this from my own little 12x8 plot of hell on earth. i can smell the dunkin donuts coffee the family of a patient is drinking (and their breakfast sandwiches, damnit). i can feel my left leg bouncing up and down with restless frustration. but there is an echo of my duvet still on my skin. i can see my turquoise walls in my mind's eye. and the vision of these DEER certainly puts my thrashing soul at peace right now. thanks for sharing what you're living, and thanks even more for savoring it as much as you can. i like to watch you honor this time in your life with your unadulterated enjoyment of it. all my love - k.

Leiflet said...

You lucky skunk. I miss having pine trees and deer in my backyard. I like your green golashes too. I'm so jealous of ladies' cute boots. I'm ready to just start wearing women's clothing.

UmberDove said...

I can't believe we missed the deer parade while we were buying tortillas in bulk.

And for the record, I've become quite fond of those little lime green boots.

Bisquit said...

Very nice, DEER! The country life is really starting to suit you, as seen in the proof of outfits. I like the change :)