the healing properties of tea

November 16, 2011 candacemorris 3 Comments

photo

I love it when Jennifer and Olive come to visit.  Since they moved back to California in April, much to the family's sadness, Jennifer and Olive have been able to get back up about once a month to ease our pain.

photo

Not only do I love that Jennifer does the dishes when she's home (and a myriad of other chores we all hate but now have to do in her absence), but I love that after dinner, no matter the evening, almost all in attendance enjoy a cup of tea.  I like to wander to Jean's china cabinet and chose a tea-cup from her lovely and eclectic collection.  I daresay it's one of those small, profound pleasures that I live for.

photo

Add one (or five) of Jean's pumpkin cookies, and you have one blissed out madame.

photo
photo
photo
photo

Last night, Miss Olive joined in the festivites.

What joy was mine,

You Might Also Like

3 comments:

Joyful said...

I love the vintage feel of your china cup photos. I'm glad Olive and Jennifer are able to make a regular visit to cheer you all.

emilyclare said...

oh the healing properties of tea! to that I say amen, and to homemade cookies, tiny people, kin, and postcards in the letterbox.

Snailentina said...

I really love the tea story but was distracted by your fabulous outfit!