Half an hour per day to keep the angst away

November 03, 2011 candacemorris 3 Comments

30 min a day
Zoka Coffee House, 3 Nov 2011
There is so much to say, so much I don't want to see in writing, so much I want to birth. I'm beginning with 30-min a day until this poetry books gets finished. I love breaking down big projects into tiny little chew-able pieces, but it's not the scheduling that's the difficult part.  It's all the questions I ask myself about the project that distract me from the purity of art I'm aiming for.  Why am I doing this?  Maybe it is as simple as needing an external deadline to truly push myself into the practice, which will push myself into the poet I know I am inside somewhere.  Maybe it's because I want to have a sense of accomplishment, maybe I want to self-destruct, maybe I want to live for your approval.  

These questions and much more
Soon to come.
The timer is set.

Welcome to 30-minutes a day.

You Might Also Like

3 comments:

Sounds like a good idea and a way to start with any project, really, that begins with "I really want to..." and sometimes just ends with the wishing.

I would so like to read your book.

Good plan. I cant wait to read it.
xo