POCKETS

January 15, 2010 candacemorris 5 Comments

Well, happy Friday night.  I hope your weekend plans look delightful from this vantage point.  If not, do something out of the ordinary to spark some creative juices!  I smell the rice cooking for dinner, soon to be topped by green curry.  Leftovers, but so tasty.

The saint and I took a little walk today (actually to recover my lost lens cap from a walk last week.  we actually found it!).  As I waited for him to finish up work so he could take his lunch break, I reached into the pocket of a coat I often forget to wear (I have a delicious habit of collecting coats!) and found the happiest little present.  I went right back inside and grabbed my camera.

pockets

For some reason, it felt like hidden treasure.  It was magic and I refuse to interpret it as anything other.

So then I was joined by the saint for our little walk.

puddle ready

Joel and his walking stick

This guys seriously has a THING about having a walking stick.

(I would also like to mention that something I love about Joel's style is the versatility.  He can be totally city-ready in his wool blazer and fedora or totally country-boy in his sorels and trucker hats.  I have never met a man that can pull off both so effortlessly.)

Mr. and Mrs.

We paused here to capture the moment.  We rarely go on walks together, so it was a bit of a special occasion.  This is not because we do not enjoy each others company whilst walking, but this is because our moods often rarely coincide when it comes to exercise.

a new path

But not today...today we were in sync.
Well, up until he took me on a new path that was so steep I almost puked.
Not really.
But kinda.

And then we had a great lunch with our friend and neighbor Scott.
lunch with the neighbor

It's the least we could do since he's hanging out with Missy Octavia next week.

We leave for Florida in T-Minus one day.
Guess I better go work on my tan next door (friends have a tanning bed we can use).
Not really.
But kinda.

Happy Friday!
CRM

You Might Also Like

5 comments:

Joyful said...

I love that photo of you and the saint in front of that ginormous moss clothed tree. How wonderful. As for weekend plans, we have an annual Missions Fest in town and I so wanted to but am still feeling under with flu bug :-( I'll probably end up staying home and sorting out some stuff due to having plumbers here for two weeks (and another week to come). I know it doesn't sound exceptionally fun but we've had so much building going on here since May (re-roofing, renovatations due to fire, total reno of one of the bathrooms and now this, replumbing of the building). I'll be so glad when it's all over but in the meantime, there is so much decluttering, sorting, cleaning and recleaning. Wanna come over and help? JK

jordan said...

well my weekend consists of a run (right away), working for the day, then hopefully relaxing all evening with a full belly and a bevy. then tomorrow we have to do a bit more new zealand planning (we leave 5 weeks from TODAY!!), then sunday i'm hoping to visit my folks and maybe get a supper out of it (my mum is the most AMAZING cook). happy travels!
ps love the houndstooth minimitts you're wearing. so chic ;)

"Well, up until he took me on a new path that was so steep I almost puked.
Not really.
But kinda."

GUFFAW!

You're wonderful!
And bon voyage!
X

PS I love it when the Saint wears a trucker hat. C'est mon favorite.

UmberDove said...

I want to know where you five-fingered that tea bag from. I wonder if I was there...

Almost puking... heehee. I would think you were just being dramatic but I KNOW the sorts of paths that the monkey-ish Saint like to traverse and so therefore I believe it. But never fear, just give it a little time and I'm sure you'll be running up and down them! (sorta)

WHAT WILL I DO WITHOUT YOU FOR TWO WHOLE WEEKS?