AND NOW, A REPORT ON FRIDAY'S FAILED PROJECT...

October 16, 2009 candacemorris 6 Comments

This morning, I was dressed and ready for my day by 10am.  This is a huge thing for me if I am staying home...not only is it impossible for me to wake up quickly, but I love to live in my pjs all morning, wander around aimlessly, and read random bits of country newspapers.    But today, I was ambitious.  I had baking to do (postponed from my actual baking day which incidentally was also POWER OUTAGE DAY this week) and plenty of work around the house.  Namely, a coat-tree to spray paint.

But alas, the universe (at barometric pressure) had other plans.





 

 

 





(ZOINKS!!! Damn that barometric pressure)


And baked I did.
Two batches of cookies and one batch of amazing muffins (my bff made me while at her house recently).

It's been raining BUCKETS here and after a quick dinner of chicken parm, the saint and I are off to join some friends for drinks in SEATTLE.  Oh thank the gods,

Happy Weekend, cozy birds.
~MME.

P.S.  My woodshed:

You Might Also Like

6 comments:

Cassie said...

Bummer! Your coat tree will be so cute red! I'm just as impatient as you when it comes to starting/completing projects right when I want to. Kids has changed this about me some, but still, I ALWAYS have a daily game plan.

I have some childrens kitchen furniture that I wanted to re-paint this summer while it was warm. Guess it'll have to get pushed aside until the weather returns with warmer temps. and half the moisture. Gotta love the NW.

p.s. You are lovely.

Erin Morris said...

You are the cutest little muffin topper! You're new place looks perfectly country. Love and miss.

jordan said...

wish I had a woodshed. and woods, for that matter.
and that muffin recipe looks AWESOME. i might have to try modifying them to be gluten free!

Um.
My favorite blondismo. As usual.










Love you in a toque.
As usual.

emilyclare said...

that is one mighty fine wood shed!

she said...

THANK YOU for using youtube so i could view your video. your deliberate voice and ever-changing expression are like warm blankets for my soul.

i also like that you hate following directions.

your home is beautiful.