No place like it.

October 06, 2009 candacemorris 4 Comments

Tonight this place feels foreign. 
Also, I have a bad attitude about it.

I keep thinking that I should be settled or at least headed that way,
That my routines should be set in stone
Or that I can reach for the measuring cup and actually know where it is.

Then I remember that I've been here only just over a week.
That until my books have a home, I will feel
Uprooted


The only thing that feels at home are elemental.
The alchemy of my soul.
Fire.
Joel.
Food.

As for the rest,
In this place I am a tourist.

I'll be sure to let you know when I aquire the language
And acclimate to this culture shock.

~C

You Might Also Like

4 comments:

BC said...

It will come girl. And we will be there soon to help with the settling.

Joyful said...

Had a fire on Mother's Day and sustained lots of water damage. Had to move to a hotel for 3 months and though have been back in for several weeks, this home is a stranger. It has new walls, new ceilings, new lights, new bathroom, new furniture. I will take a while to "sit" and learn to fit in. Thoughts & best wishes for a good settling are with you. xx

Patience Mme.
Patience.

Joyful said...

Mme. I'm back! Thought I would invite you to play a brief game of photo tag. Please see my last blog post for simple rules. You have such interesting photos so I look forward to your entry :-)