12-Month Challenge

August 01, 2009 candacemorris 3 Comments

In a previous post, I mentioned a project for my 31st year of life. Between now and August 1 of 2010, I will embark upon a 12-month challenge. Each month, I will endeavor to perform a specific task, focusing intently upon that one goal for the entire month. These are all things I would like to see implemented into my life, but feel overwhelmed when they all hit me at once. I am hoping that integrating just one thing will be an easier way to make these things habits.

I have determined that these things must be pleasant and that I must look forward to them. Here are some ideas so far:
  1. Eat the recommended amount of fruits and vegetables per day
  2. Refrain from any high-fructose corn syrup
  3. Stick unwaveringly to the budget
  4. Reading as the only at-home recreation (as opposed to movies, computer time, etc)
  5. Take an evening walk every night after dinner (5 days/week) and do yoga every morning
  6. Drink the recommended amount of water every day
  7. Learn 1 French word every day
  8. Journal 2 pages per day
  9. Write 1 letter per day or watercolor 1 day per week
  10. Try cooking a new recipe every week
  11. Give myself a self-care night every week - do nails, facial, mask, ect.
  12. Explore a neighborhood once a week

So there are some ideas. We will see what happens, but for August, today marks the day that I stick RIGOROUSLY and METICULOUSLY to the budget. I do the monies at Chateau Bookling, so it can be easy to make exceptions whenever I feel the desire. Overspending has always been a problem for us, and since my unemployment runs out this month, I am trying to grab a tight reign on our lives. Today marks the day! Wish me luck!

I'll be sure to keep you all posted on these adventures!
Also, feel free to join me on your own little escapades and challenges. What would you like to see more in your life?

____________________

In other news, the saint and I have been taking some evening walks of late (another great way to not spend money...provided you can forgo an trip to ice cream on the way back). I've had my new baby in tow...man, she sure takes a beautiful picture.

Here she is in entirely unedited form:
The Saint at <span class=

The Stumbling Monk

Volunteer Park Sunset 2

Volunteer Park Sunset


Well, I'm off to ready myself for a luau tonight! Be prepared for an inordinate amount of photos~
crm

You Might Also Like

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's a really brilliant idea. I hope it goes well (I find sticking to a budget super tricky, so I hope this first month works out okay!)

And yay for afternoon walks, your photos are so pretty!

emilyclare said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
emilyclare said...

I think your 12-month challenge is a great idea; not too far-fetched but focused on living more fully, happily... I will encourage you along as best I can and try to stick to a few of those things myself!

AND Oh my, that Saint - fan - glass and sky are looking so sharp, and so brilliant through your new lens!