In God's Country...

July 31, 2009 candacemorris 4 Comments

Baby Deer

Many of you know how I most affectionately adore this state. I am not a native Washingtonian, having been born in the glamorous state of California. Though there are pockets of true beauty in California, Lancaster is not one of them. I spent my life in the high desert with hot winds shattering my frail bones. When I met Joel and we moved to Seattle (his hometown), I was transported to what my sister refers to as "God's Country."

But lately, Seattle has thrown us all for a loop. She has been hitting the hundreds and since no residences have A/C, we've all been melting to death. Joel and I have it lucky because we are in a subterranean unit, but even that is too uncomfortable to live without a fan. But then all of Seattle ran out of fans. I felt a panic come over me...no capitalist country should run out of goods. What is this? The Great Depression?!

But then, this glorious morning...after three days of 98+ temperatures, Seattle's benevolence blew in a breezy 64...and promises to get only into the early 80s. Sigh. I feel restored...and slightly cold sitting here outdoors at Top Pot Doughnuts. I'm gonna move inside...

Hurricane Ridge

And to prove this is indeed God's own country, I have a set of photographs from my drive with Adam and Erin around the Olympic Peninsula this last week. We had such a leisurely, lazy drive...and found some of the most beautiful skapes any person has ever seen.

boys doing boy things

<span class=


the view while putting on hiking shoes

the meadow

<span class=

Queen of the Mountain

Spruce

field of ferns

Boys on an adventure

Lake Crescent

Trying to catch a fish...

Lake Crescent


Moss Garden

Joel and Adam on the jetty at La Push, WA

Posts
















and, per usual, you can find even more photos here:
Drive around Olympic Peninsula

I've found my soul in these mountains, in these oceans, in these forests, in this city.
Happy Friday.
crm

You Might Also Like

4 comments:

Cassie said...

Awww inspiring, heavenly glimpses. Thanks for the moment.

You know what's awesome? Living in a 100+ year home with no A/C. Add a tired, teething baby to the mix and you've got a match made in...heaven? I guess it's my own silly fault for living in Riverside. :(

Sorry about the cranky post. I really do love my home and community. The heat just brings out the worst in me sometimes.

Dutch said...

Is this with your new CAMERA??? Exquisite as always. That's my sis.

AHHHHHHHHH!!!
Beautiful views but more importantly, the footage of the Saint tossing driftwood at the birds made me laugh hysterically....