En Images: Wherein le Plume vole au nord - The Last

August 21, 2009 candacemorris 3 Comments

If you know her, you'll know that this gal has quite the surplus of zany ideas and the energy with which to carry them out. We call her a hummingbird, for truly she has the metabolism and curiosity of one. This is particularly good for me to have in a lady friend, for I am not one to buzz about energetically - though I tell you, it was contagious. She had all of us grinning, skipping, laughing, and smirking so much.

The activities I would never have thought to participate in until Jillian suggested so:
  • A cherry-pit spitting contest
  • Sidewalk chalking ourselves all over Capitol Hill
  • Each person wearing monochrome and heading to a restaurant
  • Decorating a flower pot
  • Many more that I cannot remember
So we did some of those:















and it felt quite good to be that jolly.

it felt equally as good to share moments of inspiration
(even in sometimes just observing them),
silence, and rest.

In a nest of inspiration

to share the words

speaking the story of "speak thanks"

A delicate fix

still

late one evening, plume with pen

"we have fires that need putting out too"

the dream

These two women, for all their wonderful outward beauty, kindness, talent and enviable can-do attitudes, hold for me also (and i daresay more importantly) a place of mystical depth and spiritual understanding, an eloquence at speaking of their arduous journeys, and the most open-handed offer of a very sweet friendship.

Thank you for following the journey of our time together.


If you didn't get enough, here are all the originals and more:
The Plume Flys North

You Might Also Like

3 comments:

lulu said...

Oh gosh! I've been a follower of the Plume... sounds cultish ;) for almost two years and so very jealous of you ladies meeting up! looked like a marvelous time.

by the bye love your blog!

-lulu

....well that makes me feel a bit silly LuLu!

CRM I wanted to let you know that I appreciated it very much that you documented our visit. I couldn't tote my camera around or do a blessed thing with a shutter while I was in your arms. So thanks for your arms and your shutter and your uncanny ability to catch people when they have a bit of a slip of their souls showing.

Love you for it.
JSL

CRM! I CANNOT believe you chalked yourself! The sight brings me great bouts of chuckling!