happy {crappy} christmas decor

December 09, 2008 candacemorris 7 Comments

last night, joel and i finally dug out some old christmas decor. just like last year, i hated everything i pulled out of the plastic storage bins. however, i applied my mother's insane ability to decorate with knick-knacks and busted out a cosy christmas reprieve (i am not usually allowed this privilege because of my minimalist and dominating husband. poor me. he is very scary).

December Eight (2)

but we made a night of it, a dinner of tomato soup and homemade husband focaccia bread, some lovely christmas music...and miracle of miracles...this foreign place feels slightly more like us - now that our christmas crap, ahem, decor is out and enjoying some breath.
December Eight
the house was illuminated with warm cinnamon light.
joel fell asleep early on the couch, and i suddenly realized...

i was engrossed.
time passed and i didn't plan, calculate, keep track, or even notice.
a moment of relief for which i am deeply grateful.
i don't take light-heartedness well, lightly.
December Eight (3)


in other news, please do not buy me anything for christmas.
i mean it.

(but if you need a few ideas...click on pic for where to buy)
~ the duchess du whit

You Might Also Like

7 comments:

I can't wait to visit your home. It looks so inviting! And I'll sit on your lovely blue couch and drink your Christmas presents with you! XO

UmberDove said...

Hmm, Hello Liquor Barn of Redding!

(we'll be taking orders...)

(and buying)

(and drinking)

(hooray)

jack- it's really tragic that you haven't seen the place yet. we aren't sure we are renewing the lease, so i hope you can get here before then! (cheers to hopin...)

kelly - LIQOUR BARN - oh heck yes. I hope to set aside the $150 all of that will cost me in CA as opposed to the $300 in WA.

she said...

you are cute. and funny.
so is the saint. i have never thought "scary" when thinking of him until this moment. now i can't erase from my mind his game face with rambo red ribbon.

Leiflet said...

Uh... so no gifts, but feel free to support your life as a drunkard?

Melissa said...

L
U
S
H

So while typing that I got distracted by thinking of the soap store LUSH and went to find them online. While searching google I found the urban dictionary meaning of lush - one who becomes intoxicated after a few drinks and flirts with everyone . I like the added "flirts with everyone". I think this might change my pronunciation of lush. Old pronunciation sounded like a lead balloon. Now it's light a flirty, just like the meaning.

Well, that was a good waste of 15 minutes of my work day. Thanks!

Your husband does look scary. I think he's about to bust out some mad ninja skills.

emilyclare said...

Joel in that ribbon really made me giggle. I think it would make a perfect Christmas card!