Upon me becoming an official woman and other adventures in the kitchen

September 07, 2009 Candace Morris 9 Comments

From On becoming a real woman


I finally did it! I made a Lemon Meringue pie yesterday WITH kids underfoot. I don't really know why I have decided to place the crux of womanhood upon the making of a pie (a pie I don't actually care too much for nonetheless) and not upon the ripening of my reproductive organs (EWW) or on, I don't know, paying a credit card off or getting married or something like that. Nope, it's all dependent on my ability to whip egg whites into stiff peaks.

EWWW.

Anyway.

So, I am glad to announce that I am an official female, just in case there were any doubts out there.

From On becoming a real woman
Here's the lemon and (premade*) crust

From On becoming a real woman
This particular recipe called for zest in the filling...a perfect addition

From On becoming a real woman

The premeasured ingredients;
I love doing this and highly recommend it when trying a new recipe

From On becoming a real woman
Whisking up the filling...

From On becoming a real woman
Pouring the filling into the crust

From On becoming a real woman
Whipping up the egg whites to make meraninge. It was an awesome experience, but I have decided that it's way too much work for something I don't enjoy eating that much. I refused to use the mixer to do this...does this earn me extra points or just make me insane?

From On becoming a real woman
The pre-browned merangie

From On becoming a real woman

Isn't it gorgeous?

So, how do I look? Totally like a grown up?
Yeah, I thought so.

crm

*Some might postulate that real womanhood does not begin until one can make their own pie crust. I've tried it and have decided that it's DUMB.


You Might Also Like

9 comments: