Rorschach tea-stains

May 09, 2011 candacemorris 5 Comments

tea stain

It must freaking be Monday.
I forgot how to drink tea for a second, consequently spilling it on my white blouse (that I took an extra 10 minutes this morning to ACTUALLY IRON!  Who even irons anymore?!).  

Before I rolled my eyes at the "of course I did that" moment, I noticed that the water oxi-pen that I used to clean it had formed a rather lovely shape.  I could only interpret this heart-shaped stain as a good, no, GREAT sign.  After this divine vision, small though it be, a flood of yaysaying surged through my mind.  There are several good things to share.

1.  After an amazing Saturday, Joel and I moved our futon out to the fireplace, started a fire, and blared classical music and symphonic movie soundtracks throughout the house.  For a solid 3 hours, we stared at the fire and reveled in music.  I wondered to myself when the last time I just sat down to really listen to music was.  I felt like a teenager again, lounging around in my room.  Then, at midnight, we got a hankering for crepes.  Breakfast at midnight = festive! It was one of my most memorable and favorite dates I've ever had with my lover.

2.  I am leaving on Wednesday to spend some much needed time with Kelly and Brad and the animals.  Joel and I are driving down and really looking forward to some leisurely long hours in the car.  We will talk, and we will eat. Joel will listen to Carl Sagan and I will sleep.  C'est parfait.

3.  My weekly weigh-in went so well today.  I lost and I feel really great about it.  It's amazing what a sober week can do for a girl's waistline!

Cheers to the silver-lining of spilling on your shirt,

You Might Also Like

5 comments:

Snailentina said...

Kelly and Candace adventures! Hopefully one of those boys can grab a camera and document the insanity ;)

I'm heading to the Pacific Northwest for the first time EVER in a few weeks, and I'm beyond myself with joy, and somehow you ladies keep popping into my brain :)

Allisunny S. said...

Perhaps it's in the air? I've a coffee stain on my ripped-up studio jeans that is fresh.

It doesn't have as pleasing a shape!

have the best time in CA!!!! Stop by San Jose next time, will ya?? ;)

xoxox,
Allison

Mazel Tov on your waistline successes this week, I understand all too well how awesome that can make a lady feel!!!! Hope you have a fabulous road-trip, one of the things I miss about living on the mainland is those hours spent in the car with an adoring companion driving toward a far off destination! Bon Voyage

Snailentina said...

Girl, believe me I wish I could, this time is a work assignment to Sasquatch but since I've already fallen in love with it without even being there, I've already told my husband we have to go together after this... then I will take you up on the offer for a cup of tea, or ventures on your favorite parts of Seattle :)

UmberDove said...

COME DOWN. I BAKED YOU BREAD. I WASHED YOUR SHEETS. I BOUGHT A MOTHER-LOVIN' HANDLE OF GIN.


Now the only thing left to do is wrap your presents.