the difference

May 06, 2011 candacemorris 2 Comments

Thought I would take a moment and show you the dramatic difference between using my new flash by itself and using it with the Gary Fong Lightsphere.

My living room is obviously filled with more beautiful light in the left photo, though I have some work to do on the focus and exposure.

  Joel came home and found me taking a nap. He started playing with the camera and despite me looking seriously tired, the skin tone on the left photo is much more flattering (and completely unedited).  I really think this diffuser makes people look much better than the harsh flash.


Jenn and Olive and Brian came over for dinner.  I snapped these to see how it might affect photos of children, and although you can't see Olive's face in the left, you can see the color and skin tone is much more true (especially flattering to Jenn's ridiculously lovely skin).


Last one, I promise.  Again, the warmth of skin tone in the left picture is dramatic compared to the right.  

I love my new toy.

And just for the hell of it, I will now show off my niece and her cuteness
(and my awesome diffuser)












You Might Also Like

2 comments:

Everyone looks so.....UNdead....with the flash!!! I think this is going to be a fantastic new tool for you.

Melissa said...

I bought the original lightsphere when it first came out and use it TONS. I should probably update to one of the newer versions!

Also, we call mine the fong dong. Say it, it's fun.