mother's day

May 08, 2011 candacemorris 1 Comments




If there's something I've learned about motherhood in my adult years, knowledge gained simply from observation of my generation becoming mothers, it is this:

A child can never ever know the extent of work, contemplation, education, sacrifice, and gut-wrenching love of a mother in those early years before you became your own person.

And so, for all the things I'll never know, Mothers,
I thank you in the only way I know how...

with words
and a desire to be a mother myself.

Happy Mother's Day 

You Might Also Like

1 comments:

Leiflet said...

I was thinking that as an adult, i will still never know the love my parents feel for me.

The thing i didn't factor in, which i have now experienced as a father, is that love for my child grows exponentially over time.

I will always be at least 20 years behind my parents when it comes to relating with them.