there was a weekend

January 10, 2011 candacemorris 5 Comments

In the hustle of the soul's incessant clamor
     (feed me entertainment)
         (feed me inspiration)
            (feed me solitude)
               (feed me time with others)
One can forget that there was indeed a weekend.
But there WAS.
There was indeed herself taking care of herself amidst taking care of others.
I tell you, soul.
It happened.
You are walking the line of working artist.
Be at peace.

The reason you know?
soul morning
A photograph.

Always, a photograph.
Be at peace.

You Might Also Like

5 comments:

Snailentina said...

Hmm, this somehow reminded me of a quote by David Foster Wallace that I tried to find for you but is m.i.a. from the interwebs. In an interview he said that writers tend to be great partners to others, but their process and existence can be excruciatingly lonely. Please excuse my free paraphrasing but is interesting, huh?

Sean said...

What's up Candace?! Somehow I stumbled upon one of your cyber links. Glad I did. Keep reading Annie Dillard.

Blessings...

UmberDove said...

Mmmnn... yes my Mme.

LindaFaye said...

Loving the photos. Loving the blog. Loving that my man told me about all this. (Remember me? Linda Dean from Simpson.) :)

Beautiful.