if the shittiness of the week portends the greatness of the weekend

January 24, 2011 candacemorris 5 Comments

Then halle-friggen-lujah.  That was one fine weekend.  No seriously, despite a nasty head cold, it was just a great time.

photo

We started it off on Friday afternoon with Clara and Teresa visiting me at Microsoft.

photo

Clara enjoyed my stress toy (she's cutting a few molars) and her lunch in the cafeteria. 
 It was a total mood-booster.

After family dinner out,
(and a new-found appreciation for restaurants who allow children)
T and I headed to the rink.


This was a few hours after I ran into the concrete wall after having been whipped around the bend by my stronger-than-I-thought sister.  I am happy to report that I survived sans concussion, but we did have to sooth ourselves with sluuuuurrrpppeees.
(Of which we both could only finish about 1/3.  They are waaaayyy sweeter than I remember). 
(More here)

It was also this night that I contracted a nasty sore throat and woke the next morning to a Barry White voice.  However, I had a lovely date with my sister-in-law at a local bookstore (minus the parking ticket I incurred)
.

Oh my fellow weekenders, that was a very nice outing.  We sat and talked over our assiago bagels and then quietly read for an hour or so.  

Then I:
took a lesiurely trip to the grocery store
(as opposed to the harried 5pm trip after work)
took a 2-hour nap
went to see "Cymbeline

Sunday was a day to recover from sickness and mop the bathroom.
You know the sort of day I mean...
the kind you make some sort of strange bobby-pin concoction work in your hair and wear old jeans and do all the laundry and organize your Q-tips.

All in all,
A perfect
End.




You Might Also Like

5 comments:

"the kind you make some sort of strange bobby-pin concoction work in your hair and wear old jeans and do all the laundry and organize your Q-tips."

You're witty. And pretty.

Ha today was my weird bobby pin concocted hair, yoga pants ( wait, am I not supposed to wear these all the time ? oops), head out to buy a new shower curtain, day.
Can't say I have ever organized my q-tips, and the laundry really is begging to be done, but I did swiffer the ceiling!
my weekend was shittastic, so Mondays doldrums didn;t really seem that mundane!

Wish I had a place to roller skate - how fun is that?
xo
Jaime

Emily L. said...

"Organize your Q-tips". Yes. Exactly. I left work early yesterday to list all the things that stress me out and how to manage them. And then I organized to calm me down.

glad you had such a good time :)

I am officially and thoroughly entertained.
Thanks for that.