i've still got it.

October 23, 2010 candacemorris 8 Comments


Thursday Night Menu

Winter Green Salad with Farmer's Market Tomatoes and Feta
Bottle of Root Carminere

_______________

One of the things I miss the most about being home all day
(which is entirely surprising and equally delightful, considering its a skill developed only during that time)
is 
CUISINER
(as the french would say).

The planning, the shopping, the prepping, the cutting.
COOKING.
(as I say).

These last two weeks back to full-time work have been a hodge-podge not only of emotions but also of meals. But I am proud to say that I was still able to cook at least 3 weeknight meals  
(meaning something frozen (albeit organic and tasty) was served those other nights).

Somewhere in the last two years, I taught myself to cook.
And like everything else I learned during that time,
I was afraid I would loose it.

But 
damn.
And I guess it just felt good to know that I still had it.
And even better to know that I still enjoyed it.

You Might Also Like

8 comments:

This is an accomplishment! Planning meals and actually preparing said meals sometimes feels like a full-time job in itself. I'm proud of you, Candi-Pants.

Snailentina said...

yummy!

Cassie said...

This meal looks and sounds delicious! Take it easy this weekend, friend. You'll get your groove soon. Hugs. -cbm

Joyful said...

Delish ;-)

UmberDove said...

Oh baby! Do you EVER still got it going on!

I can't wait for the next communist manifeasto (yes. maniFEASTo, not manifesto).

jordan said...

yummers!

BC said...

Manifeasto!

sylvestris said...

I'm awed. Sincerely.

:)
Dorothy