a girl's right to groove...

May 16, 2010 candacemorris 10 Comments


I just love weddings...for a myriad of reasons.

But if I get to attend with my sister, I love them all the more.
And I swear, it's an accident that we steal all the attention on the dance floor.
We just can't help ourselves.



(who raised this girl anyway?)

My sister and I are something of a phenomenon at dance parties.
Many of you have seen me dance, but if Teresa is out there with me...all bets are off.
Most people cannot keep up, but it's not usually because they cannot dance themselves,
but is due to the fact that they are laughing their arses off.
It's a little comic bit we do.

We've been working on routines together
all the way back to those summer days in the pool.

And it shows.
Even in stilettos.
(THESE and THESE to be exact)

It's been too long since we've had this kind of fun.
So thanks for getting married, people of the world.
It sure beats the club.

But all jest aside, it's been a horrible few weeks as far as bad news is concerned,
and I really needed to stomp it out on the dance floor.
Some people have crack cocaine,
I have Madonna.

With insane amounts of lactic acid burning in my muscles,
~crm

You Might Also Like

10 comments:

Allisunny S. said...

Oh to have been a fly on that lucky wall !!!

xoxo,
A

Ditto to what Allison said! Fabulous shoes - but hw on earth do you last all night in them ? Perhaps it is because my feet are so tiny, but I am crippled by tall shoes like those!
Jaime

kerin rose said...

did you say MADONNA?!.....I would be out there with you....YAH!
w/o the stillettos, tho...I would fall off of those~

Cassie said...

You make me smile. But you two together on the dance floor sounds like the most fun!

Sending you warm thoughts from overcast Washington today.

Chin up, friend. Oh, do you mind if I steal a pic. of you and mention you on my wish list?

UmberDove said...

oh the sass! and to think I was wearing comfy pants on saturday night!

(wailing and gnashing of teeth for the envy of Madonna and a party to dance)


p.s. I've seen you. I've danced right there. And I can attest to your awesomeness any day of the week.

BC said...

I'll stick with my coke, thank you very much.

Melissa said...

I haven't danced since last summer. John would disagree, but I say that what he claims was dancing was only 2 songs and doesn't really count. I'd love to have seen you and your sis cuttin' a bit of rug!

emilyclare said...

Awesome. I understand this urge completely.. even if my dancing takes shape as swirling and tapping my toes to a fiddle and spoons, or head-banging to some bleeding electric guitars... Dance on sisters!

Taddyporter said...

CUTIE PATOOTIES

and is Teresa doing the robot? you should do a little film of your dancing antics so we can all see your Supreme Awesomeness. and GIRL those heels whoa! you need a foot massage STAT.

Love that face your guys are making in the third pic, it seems to say, "watch out cuz we came to dance and have a good time! so get ready!"