five miles by friday

March 27, 2009 candacemorris 3 Comments

as of monday, i have successfully walked five miles this week. though this is by no means a superhero (or even exercise worthy) sum, i feel good that it is more than i did last week.

friday's walk was a bit different - and shouldn't friday stand out among the other days of the week? so i gave friday its soul's demands.


i walked on bellevue avenue, but only after i readied myself for being out for the afternoon. i ran into some lovely friends and neighbors on the street, and then walked up to summit to write my weekly correspondence at top pot doughnuts. i managed to refrain from partaking of the doughnut goodness, but i plan to reward myself for it next week with a cupcake! i sat in the quiet for two and a half hours, and my hands started to cramp...but what joy is mine; how i love writing them.


i then wandered to the grocer to buy some fruit for healthy snacks (i am cracking down on some of my recent eating habits) and vegetables for the carrot & ginger soup i made for dinner.


our friday night is quiet. i gather candles around me and light them slowly, letting their fragrance of evening settle upon my heavy eyes. whatever your friday holds, i do hope it is something so entirely satisfying to your soul.

with admiration and appreciation for your reading eyeballs,
crm

You Might Also Like

3 comments:

UmberDove said...

That daffodil - I found her up the street, closer to your house, bright in the misty morning and brought her down to my tree so the Cherry Blossom could enjoy her sunny petals.

~A. said...

i agree our souls are similar & i think distance brings us closer. thank you for your support.

kelly! of course you did...i should have known. it was catching my eye all week...

mandy - souls are complex...they crave both distance and attachment - and we have known both. you are loved in both...