A Lantern for Bowie

September 12, 2012 candacemorris 2 Comments

















A few weeks ago, we let loose a lantern for Bowie.  Dad previously purchased a paper lantern in Thailand for just such a ritual, and we were instructed to write or draw something for her as a benediction of sorts. Aunt Julie and Uncle Tim happened to be visiting.  It was a gorgeous moment in our family's history.  Her father drew a schematic, I dedicated Plath's "I am, I am, I am."  I didn't see all the words, but they were not intended for me.  It was written to Bowie's soul, and then it was given to the sky.  

Sorry for the pollution, Mother Earth...but my baby's gotta fly.


Thank you for taking photos, Aunt Umber.  And it's true.  She does smell like hope.


You Might Also Like

2 comments:

Snailentina said...

Beautiful! I am so excited there are pictures of this, I love the very last one.

emilyclare said...

You're such lovely kin, you are...