the 50mm

July 25, 2011 candacemorris 7 Comments

To celebrate 33 successful years of staying alive, Joelio gave me the 50mm lens I'd been wanting.  Boy oh boy...do I love it.  It creates the depth of field that my other lens just doesn't quite have the unique power to do.  It's sooooo perfect for shooting portraits - as it focuses soley on the subject and blurs the background so dramatically, making the person just pop out at you!

A few shots of my first days with my lens.

You Might Also Like

7 comments:

Allisunny S. said...

Incredible: it makes my breath catch how wonderful the depth of field is....

Happiest of Birthdays :)

xoxoxo,
Allison

jordan said...

oh man oh man oh man!!! i want one too...but maybe first i should actually get better at using my slr - i still have no clue what the eff i'm doing. gorgeous pics as always

I KNEW YOU'D LOVE IT!!!

Snailentina said...

Happy 33rd Candace, what a magical number. That lens sure does make things look gorgeous, but am sure you had a lot to do with that, too.

Melissa said...

Best little lens there is :)

Nate Pike said...

Happy happy HAPPY birthday!!

looove the hugging photo! excellent!