behind the scenes

July 07, 2011 candacemorris 4 Comments

I returned Sunday afternoon from shooting Emily's wedding with Kelly in the lovely San Francisco.  I was  exhausted, but I was really rather excited about the end result and overall experience of my "first rodeo."  I don't see being a professional photographer in my future, but if that ever changes - I would most definitely want THIS GIRL in my back pocket. As with everything Kelly touches with those gifted hands and imaginative mind, she brings a faithful eye, calming presence, and deep commitment of quality to any artistic endeavor.  On top of that, it's just downright fun to work with your friends.  We basically played all day.

I am working on my edits for the 1500+ photos I took, but in the meantime, I thought you might enjoy a few candids of Kelly and me working together.

Scoping out the reception site the day before.

A responsible way to begin a 12-hour workday.
If I were left to my own devises, I doubt I could have made such a good choice.
I like to make Kelly responsible for my food habits.  If only she would move back to Seattle, then I would most definitely get my fruits/veggies daily intake.

Kelly standing in for the bride so I could test the light.


I love this little series of "Where's Kelly?"  If I were a professional, I would know where my second shooter is at all times.  I think it's kinda cute how she keeps popping up in my frame.

Here, Kelly shows off her incredible powers of inhalation.  Even Emily's earring cannot resist!

At one point, (and I daresay at the coaxing of the audience) we may or may not have relinquished our photographic duties to others while we performed a little dance number.

So nice to "work" for your friends, eh?  
A little sippy-sip on the side never hurt anyone.

(last two photos by UmberDove)

As Kelly stated in the above picture caption, we clocked 3000+ photos in a short 12-hour span.  Our cameras were so tired at the end of the day, but quite shocking to us both - our spirits and legs were happy and energized as we drove home.  I think the little dancing break helped. 

You Might Also Like

4 comments:

Cat said...

What a treat! Behind the scenes of a wedding photographer ... can't wait to take a peak around your lovely space and see some "action" shots!

♥ Cat brideblu

ps. that venue looks breathtaking {and your breakfast was one of champions for sure :)}

You two are just so darn cute! That last frame is perfect in every way :-)

Looks like so much fun :) I cant wait to see all the photos!

Congrats on doing your first wedding! xo

Snailentina said...

Emilyyyyyy! Ahhh I can't wait to see these, looks like a blast :)