the weekend report

February 13, 2011 candacemorris 9 Comments

The weekend included the following:
the post-skate happiness

Thursday night's post-skate drink.  We had to sooth our battle wounds from a particularly clumsy/raucous time on the floor.  My tail-bone is still hurting.  I also acquired my first "rink rash" which makes me feel pretty bad-ass.  My sister is so freaking much fun to skate with.   You should meet her and try it.

photo
photo
photo
Dinner with friends on Friday night.  It's my new favorite way to spend evenings.

photo
photo
A bit of an angsty Saturday which led to baking bread and cooking a soup of potatoes and leeks.

photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
A strangely peaceful Sunday morning with the Saint.  We tried a new breakfast spot and then walked around the farmer's market.  I picked out a bouquet of tulips for my V-day present, and we strolled arm in arm in the most romantic way.

In the natural ebb and flow that marriage brings, I try to be patient in the ebbs.  We've been in a particularly long ebb and have been working very hard to ride it out soulfully and honestly.  We've done a lot of exhausting work and I would be lying if I said it wasn't grueling and abysmal at times.  I am happy to report that even in the midst of hard work, I am still deeply in love with Joel...and happier to report that we seem to be heading up out of this shadowy valley, cresting the green hill, and finding our love flow easy again.

I love life today.  I hope the same for you, if not now...then very, very soon, my dears.
We all deserve it.


You Might Also Like

9 comments:

Allisunny S. said...

Candace,

So happy you're working to let the ebbs....ebb. It's astonishing how much wonder there is in the time after you reach the bottom.... it's the falling in love all over again
and it's worth every strained second of missed understandings.

Your honesty is beautiful, too. When I get home I intend to drop some pictures of my home's wild, chaotic bounty into that flickr group!!! :)

xoxoxoxo

UmberDove said...

I feel full of pang.



And I have a feeling that the next time I'm up, that sign will read "Boris or Kelly" and I'll scream with delight.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
BC said...

What is the Dinner with Friends business? And no, that's not a hint of jealousy in my tone.

Kelly - like that sign would ever read "Kelly." She's got more a chance of it reading "Umber". Silly goose.

(oops- wrong google account).

Unknown said...

I love your ebbs... but your hills are magnificent too. ;-)

emilyclare said...

this lifted my spirits so much tonight, thank you for the gentle musings love x

Unknown said...

Joel... you sly dog. Where did your hair go??? Well it sounds like you guys had a bloody wonderful weekend. I've been reflecting a ton on marriage and "ebbs and flows" and it is comforting to know that you guys are still loving and teasing each other in the midst of difficulty and hard work.

Oh boy, do I know about the ebb and flo, especially when it feels like you constantly in state of ebb. I suppose we would never get to enjoy the flo, if we weren't soulfully in love, right?

Love reading about your weekend - really makes me feel like I need to do more on my weekends for my own sanity. Perhaps a bunch of tulips are just what a girl needs!

xo
Jaime

jordan said...

isnt' it amazing how a relationship so full of love and mutual trust can STILL hit rough patches, even after several (SEVERAL) years? i think it's evolution at work (evolution of the love i mean, not of the species). to tell you the truth, it would seem that having a child only intesifies (and speeds the frequency of) the ebbs and flows. so the ebbs kind of suck more, and the peaks - well, they leave you feeling as if you're the most loved, luckiest person in the world. and that makes the ebbs all the more worthwhile.
xoxo