le whooooosh

December 01, 2010 candacemorris 7 Comments

Do you hear it?
 That would be the sound of November rushing by.

Bienvenue Décembre.

Welcome
What do you hold?
I asked you last night.

Thus far, you've answered with:
  1. A frantically late morning that turned into waiting for the next bus which turned into a frothy cappuccino.
  2. December Evenings: Take 2 - a photo collaboration hosted by my friend Chris.  Wanna join?

    New

  3. A new poetry obsession.  Can you guess what it is from the picture above?
  4. Greasy and delightful chicken chow mien leftovers.
  5. The promise of an evening pint in a dark pub.

Poem 
12.1.10

Time passes on the right,
Cuts me off.
Doesn't bother to signal.
I curse.



You Might Also Like

7 comments:

I heard the whoosh and I am afraid I am going to be hearing it again soon...slow down December, please!

Ted Hughes, Birthday Letters? My rank as chief Plath/Hughes enthusiast will be destroyed if I am wrong...

Lizzy,
You got it, girl. I've had Bday Letters for the last year, but am only now (b/c Emily reminded me on her last visit) have picked it up. LOVE.

Cassie said...

love your poem, it made me smile. Wish I could join you for a pint! xo

Devon said...

You're right! Whoosh it went! Thank you for reminding me to change my calendar over! :)

Unknown said...

Love the poem. Just love it! Concise to my reality.

sylvestris said...

Love that poem! Know the feeling all too well and respond the same way. Sometimes time simply rear-ends me after jacking up anxiety by tail-gaiting for hours. Dag.

;)
Dorothy