DIY IN THE SUN

February 10, 2010 candacemorris 7 Comments

Seattle is finally getting back to it's rainy goodness, but I loved the last few days of blissful sunshine.  It sure lit a fire under my arse to get some things done around the place.  You know those spring tasks like reorganizing your dishtowels, weeding the flower pots, moping the floor, etc...well, on Tuesday, it sent me outside to FINALLY finish up those spray-painting projects that built up in the winter.


Here are the various goodwill finds.
Tray: $4.99
Letter Holder: $.99
Wire Basket: $2.99
Box: $2.00

Here's the spray paint purchased for $.99/can.  It's the month of frugality, after all.
If it wasn't, I would have purchased the can with the nice press thingy (the technical term).
Otherwise my pointer finger wouldn't have died and gone to appendage hell.


Planning out my strategy.
(Also seriously pondering going back inside for almonds and my sunglasses)


Getting down to work.


Letter holder needed like four coats.

Missy Octavia decided to venture outdoors and see what I was doing.
She's like totally almost an outdoor kitty now (except for the eating and peeing inside, you know)

I also decided to finish up the coat tree from AGES ago (hence the cobwebs, but why remove them! ;) ).  Turns out it needed even more than 2 cans of magenta spray paint.


Aren't they kind of gorgeous?


Tree with a few more coats, drying in the sun.


Going back to the tray...


By now, my finger FLIPPING HURTSSEES.


Here's all the stuff with a few coats, I'll be back in an hour to finish them off.







Well, I am excited to see them back in the house, breathing their FRESH WHITENESS into my otherwise drab house.

Tooodalloooo!
crm

You Might Also Like

7 comments:

Your poor finger! Everything looks so fresh & new again now though, well worth it :) Send some of that sunshine my way pretty please!

Dutch said...

I'm kind of the opposite of Octavia. I'm venturing more and more inside but still eating and peeing outside.

Fun Projects!!

emilyclare said...

Very nice my dear. A simple way to revamp one's furniture... I would love to see a before&after photo of their situation in the house.

And I'm totally with you on the sore finger front... not only have I sewn through the side of my right index finger with a machine last week but my left index is totally pricked to hell from hand quilting. Yark! I'm going to be a bride in bandages!

Anonymous said...

Love the magenta coat stand - it look amazing! :)

Taddyporter said...

appendage hell!!!! oh you poor thing I know exactly what you are experiencing: the phenomena of having to manually unflex said appendage and oh it doth hurt. However, your finds look fab! niiiiiicce work!

Leiflet said...

It's nice to revamp something with some new paint! My favorite one is of your coat rack-- you were so careful to paint the others on cardboard, and that one has the "Aw, hell" look to it, as a trail of pink spills across the gravel.

When can i see this fantastic home? I guess that's up to me, huh. Well, it'd be great to see it. I need to get rich so that i can travel 3 months per year.

Photo 8.
The shadow.




Come make over my house.
Toodles!