SEEPAGE

September 28, 2009 candacemorris 3 Comments

My brain is bursting at the seams. We have completed the move about 90%, but only about 20% of the unpacking. I have been disconnected from the internet for roughly 2.5 days, and though it's been nice, it only adds to the general feeling of ODDITY that encompasses my description of this new life. In a conversation today with my friend, I described it thus:

I love it when I am at the house.
I hate it when I leave the house.

Except for while at my new local coffee shop, which to some might be called Joel's parents house, but I see internet and coffee (and lunch, and rubs, and free bananas) and normalcy.

And that's the worst part of moving. After you do all of this physically and emotionally draining work, you just want to go home and noodle on your couch. Well, there will be no noodling on your couch when you couch is buried in the living room and no where near your disconnected media center (which is missing a monitor and speakers anyway). So I come to the closest home I know and try to find myself again here, among you.

My attendance will for sure be sporadic at best in the next few weeks, but I'll be sure to return to keep you abreast of Musings of a Melancholic - country style.



p.s. come visit me.

You Might Also Like

3 comments:

Cassie said...

Wish I could give you a hand. I know how lame moving can be and how much work goes into it. Can't wait to hear about your new place in the country. That's nice you're near the parents!

I'll miss you heaps.
Text-o-rama was swell.








Just go outside and noodle on the grass. You have grass now. Right?
XO

UmberDove said...

I'll be visiting and soon. Especially now that the Hill is so lonely without you.



Sheesh. This is a really weird life-place we're both in, no?