En Images: A trip to California

September 17, 2009 candacemorris 2 Comments





For the last two weeks, I've enjoyed the pleasure and pain of living with children.
I've watched them, I've kissed them, I've corrected them, I've read to them,
I've played with them...
but mostly...



I've envied them.
Their innocence, their authenticity, their imagination.
Their nakedness.
Their kiddie pool.







The mountain upon which they live.





Their security, their joy.
Their stay-home mother.



Their energy.



In addition to these two wee souls,
I've also mingled with the wind; swayed with the trees; sighed at the sunset.

And more envy visited me.



I wanted their simplicity.
The special way no one sees them
unless they look with intention and patience.



I wanted their pure beauty.
I wanted to know what it feels like to trust your roots.
To never question your existence.
Or your death.
To have everything decided for you.





I wanted their contentment.
Their uncomplaining voice.



Their self-satisfaction.
Their trust in provision.


And then I noticed me among them.
And I envied them.


Because its pretty great being human.
And loving other humans...great and small.




RDD Visit Sept 2009


You Might Also Like

2 comments:

jordan said...

such great photos, as per usual. your silhouette in one pic near the beginning makes me think you should totally have short (pixie cut) hair. you'd be able to rock it, no question. (pls correct me if you've already done this - but as far as i knew from recent snaps you still had enough to do a pony-tail!) anyway, looks like it was a lovely trip - i assume no baby yet for your bf?

she said...

that child in the first photo is beautiful. you captured innocence and openness of heart right there. and children, as you said, do seem to emanate those things without any effort at all...

and the images of the trees, the hill, the sky...be still, my heart.

i miss you.
but you're always near.
but i miss you.