A lovely visit...

July 13, 2009 candacemorris 4 Comments

From Jackie Seattle 2009

From Jackie Seattle 2009


From Jackie Seattle 2009


From Jackie Seattle 2009

My home is eerily quiet after my lovelies left. What a wonderful time we had! Though I was trepidatious about fitting into my tiny apartment, we all managed just fine thanks to the XBox (they learned to play Fish Frenzy) and old episodes of Inspector Gadget. I was sad to see them go, it was such a nice source of motivation for keeping on top of dishes and cooking at home. It was lovely to chit chat with no time limit with my long-time friend. It was amazing to see the kids growth over the year; Mekenzie is a great swimmer now, and it's so fulfilling and moving to see a child grow in confidence. Gavin has millions of new words than last year and twice as much personality!

From Jackie Seattle 2009


From Jackie Seattle 2009

So much happens in the life of a child over a year, and it's such a reality check for being intentional about noticing the small changes in adults as well, though they are certainly less physical and noticeable. We DO grow, we change, we learn. I love this about being alive. Since my birthday is approaching, I am also taking inventory of this last year - what has changed? Where has destiny tended to my growth? It's all so fascinating, and I am happy to say, good.

From Jackie Seattle 2009


From Jackie Seattle 2009

It was also such a nice break from the nagging questions of my life. Where will we live come the fall? Will I have to get a real job? We need to buy a car. How can I make ends meet to see all the people I want to visit?

I am determined to keep these questions at bay for yet another week for Joel and I are sauntering off to the mountains for a quiet camping trip come Tuesday, so Monday will be full of the delight of details: grocery shopping, gathering camping gear (which I LOVE), and making rice crispy treats. I do so love the details (provided I have enough time to complete them at my leisure). At the end of these details is the quality time we get to spend with our old friends the trees and pebbles and ocean. Oh I do so love camping with my saint.

cascading blooms i can relate to

Today was another lovely day at my parent's house, listening to thunder and the pounding of summer rain on the skylights, dark coffee and casual conversation, a wonderful old movie with my sis Jen, and enjoying the leisure that Sunday is. How have you cared for your self today?

Jackie Seattle 2009


Yours most sincerely,
Mrs. Morris

You Might Also Like

4 comments:

Devon said...

You made me think about how far I've come in the past year, and it's hard to see the change when you see yourself and deal with yourself every day. But, I believe that is one of the beautiful things about friends: they are a mirror when you're too close to see anything and I think it's important for us to remind one another how far we've come: I see you in such a different and more beautiful place than a year ago. And can see you growing exponentially every day. Just thought you should know that:)

P.S. can I "borrow" that flower photo??

UmberDove said...

Can I possibly "self-care" with a rice crispy treat?

Unknown said...

You may!!

Unknown said...

this is candace btw