soli-tude adjustment

August 19, 2008 candacemorris 13 Comments

so in god's fucking graciousness, i have found some beautiful time to be alone. last night, tonight, tomorrow night...it's like this sea of whatever.the.fuck.i.want...and it makes me just want to
SWEAR with joy.

(obviously)

Last night, I put away laundry, straightened our house, made some mexican food (my default when alone - and a huge victory over grabbing a hamburg on the way home), watched Olympics* & **, distributed yummy Yakima peaches to my friends who ordered a box, read both books (The Heart is a Lonely Hunter - it's blowing my mind and The Sylvia Plath Journals), journaled, and slept soundly with a happy productivity ease.

Solitude night #2 -my landing spot for purse and hat - home at last (walked today! yay)

do i want wine?

nah, g & t instead

the lovely pair of pairs

i DO kiss and tell, biatch

spontaneous dancing session while waiting for oven to preheat. tice's music makes me MOVE. umber sorry for the repeat of friday night on the club floor...:)


a little video blog to entertain you. i swear i don't have a lisp


favorite bowl from joel's mom

mixing the dough


attempting to knead the cheap.ass.dough

ready to bake

here's to hopin

25 min later - a bit charred but smelling SOO good


yeah, defenitly looking wrong


sitting to eat what has turned out to be more like a casserole...crust did NOT hold up.
(note wardrobe change. white and i haven't made up since the great merlot incident of 2004.)


it didn't at all stay together, but it was TASTY.

now off to settle in for more Olympics or maybe even a movie to make me cry. After all, I am alone - best take advantage of the open cry zone w/o my sensitive spouse peeking at me from the other couch. :)

Feeling fine, a little dandy, and certainly gin'ed up,
~crm

*joel and i dont have a tele- he instead bought me a media computer (that i built- thank you very much for the sexist comments about computer geeks) and we only watch tv through the internet or whatever- so i was really bummed at the original thought that i wouldn't be able to watch the Olympics. My family always did...so joel FOUND me a downloadable client that records (even if it's already happened!) the events of my choosing (gymnastics, synchronized swimming, dressage (for umber), soccer, diving, swimming, etc) and so let's drink to JOEL!

** I love the hairless wonder, Mr. Phelps. I also wept when Nastia won the gold in gymnastics - the girl seemed unhealthily stoic and unreal in competition and to see her FINALLY break down broke me down.

You Might Also Like

13 comments:

bamgold said...

hello,
this is bamgold from Nigeria.
i just want you to know that your works are awesome. in fact, i want to have you as one of the backlinks on my blogs.
but before i do so, i will like to know your opinion, views and comments about all my works.

here are the few blogs of mine which will lead you into my blog lists:
www.bamschusci.blogspot.com
www.allonnigeria.blogspot.com
www.bamgoldinchrist.blogspot.com
www.learnfromthefigtree.blogspot.com
www.mundialsoccerupdate.blogspot.com
www.readscripturesonline.blogspot.com

i will also like to go into some sort of friendship with you.

like i said ealier, this is bamgold from Nigeria.
thanks.

UmberDove said...

Aahhhhhh, I LOVE THE VBLOG! You are so adorable! I want more of them (even though I get to see you all the time, there is something so beautiful and voyeuristic about being able to share pizza night with you).

I love voyeurism.*


(*what I mean by that is NOT CREEPY, I promise, but rather this little love of seeing what you do when you're alone. Man, that still sounds creepy. I promise I'm not. Really.)

E.Louise said...

Oh welcome to my world of solo dances and recipes that don't quite turn out. I love the video clip - just perked the end of a somewhat sad day up perfectly.

BC said...

No, Umber is creepy. Trust me.

And yes, the v-blog is super awesome. We need more of that.

Mme,

I just wanted you to know that this blog post is very similar to the very first blog post of yours that I EVER read which was all about a few martinis and soup and new earrings from Etsy which you unwrapped and put on during your blog and then Joel walked in the door and liked them very much and the two of you shared a really romantic looking blurry kiss.

While Mister "bamgold from nigeria" might think you are something special....Missus "Plume from Idaho" thinks you rock the flock.

I am glad:
1. To know you.
2. To know you beyond the blogosphere.
3. To know what your hand writing looks like.
4. About plenty of other things as well but this is getting cheesy and I'm a bit sleepy so I'm going to go to bed and write you another letter dans le matin.

XO
Plume

Unknown said...

That looks like my idea of a perfect night! Alone time ROCKS!

Erin Morris said...

Ummm...I just made a pizza on Monday. Weird. I have a great wheat crust recipe. It turned out really well too (flour, olive oil, yeast, and a pinch of salt). Will send! Love the dance pics by the way.

she said...

oh! i'm practically wriggling with happiness. i also just remembered that "wriggling" is a word that makes me slightly uncomfortable. um.

but!

a. that chair is gorgeous
b. that drinking glass is lovely
c. i LOVE pyrex's crazy daisy pattern - my mom has the nesting bowls and i'd better inherit them
d. i am TRES JALOUSE of your olympic recording device, as i do not have tv OR internet at home...tu as un bon mari! (i surely hope "mari" is the French word for "husband" and not "wife" --- i'm rusty on some vocab, but if i'm wrong, you know what i meant)
e. MICHAEL PHELPS. enough said. i missed the last relay he was in that won him the 8th gold. it only makes my love story with him all the more wistful. *le sigh*
f. um, i think that's all? i tried to write this comment without using a lettering system, but it didn't suit me and it felt disorganized.

this entry was a wednesday morning delight!

I'd recognize that gin & tonic holder anywhere! I love knowing that pieces from my shop have a good home.
I love your Pyrex bowl as well. I have a bit of a fascination with the turquoise pieces.

~ bamgold...um...hello. :)

~umber - fear not my voyer...though the word certainly conotes some "peeping tom" action, i know you are not sexually driven to watch...only just every other way. :) and it COULD be said that b/c you "watched" your platonic crush and ended up inviting yourself to a wine party - i have a lovely new home.

emma - yeah, i am NOT known for my cooking...but it was pretty good. always glad to shift some sadness around a bit - for a new perspective.

bc - creepy must turn you on.

plumie- ahh! confessions. i wondered which of my blogs was your virigin run - i think you are referring to this one (http://candacemorris.blogspot.com/2008/04/dear-highly-structured-my-advise-always.html)And I do think, though you already know, you are just the bees knees. the first blog i read of yours had some austentatious cake in it that you had made. you were asking for names for it, and i said "better than god" (or was it jesus?) cake. yep. that was me.

kris - it was a perfect night...until the TWO gin and tonics crashed into my bloodstream (incidentally making blogging a bit difficult - but i still did it!) and gave me the WORST headache of my short 30 years. I had to shower, drop into bed (w/o teeth brushing, gasp!) and put ice on my head. how lame is that!

erin - yeah, dancing while cooking is a must...you can send that recepie, but i bet joel will be the conosier of pizza crust from now on. i have done with you, crust!!


kjk - you are so cute! thanks for the accolades and for speaking my favorite language - the language of lists!!!(well, and french). i had no idea that bowl was pyrex - but it's so great. and that glass was purchased at http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=89905 (from suzy!)

suzy-
i love those glasses so much. they are the g&t glasses in summer, red wine in winter. bet you didn't think you would be my blog buddy when you sent them to me in april!

Becca said...

Reading you (and your lovelies) is strangely akin to reading a very wonderful novel. I laugh and greive and am sparked with new ideas about life, love, and all that otherness.

This was a wonderful start to my day.

B - well you certainly know how to flatter a girl.

i had an idea for a novel the other day. it's the first time that has ever happened.

title "he and she unutterably right" - plath's words, but the title to the chronicle of joel and i's love affair.

rated R.

which is problematic b/c he has family that can read.

jenni anne said...

first off, i love you as a blonde. beautiful. and i love you with a lisp.
i totally cried when nastia won gold. and shaun johnson took the silver. what an amazing moment for those little girls.
it's nice that bamgold from nigeria wants to be friends with you. it's always good to have international connections.