i am jack's inflamed uterus

December 26, 2007 candacemorris 2 Comments

a surge of raging femme bile tore through my adrenal system this month and (despite my truest efforts) managed to steal my sacred advent cheer. mood swings, self-doubt, and fatigue dethroned my festive state of zen.

today, the energy shifted. i made a conscious effort to do just that, and i did it in the smallest way. i decided to pick up an old faithful - East of Eden (perhaps my favorite book of all time???!!!), and began the first chapter on the bus on the way to work on a deserted highway.

i never re-read books. i am pressured by the lack of time and personal schedule of books, thus the indulgence.

throughout the day at work, i felt myself gradually shifting back into place - i think i was so afraid that the newly acquired peace was a phase, an emotional fad that i wore trendily, but i feel encouraged to see that my hormones are re balancing. after this shift, many positive things happened.

1) i got off work early and was also given Friday off!

2) my husband surprised me with our newly fixed lolita AND $500 in cash, telling me that another Christmas present was a shopping spree for me to buy clothes!

3) i was refreshed by a lovely dinner with kelsey - who always reminds me that teaching was not a waste of my life.

4) i caught up on my Grey's Anatomy

5) i did the dishes

6) i folded the laundry

7) i baked, frosted, and decorated my own cake for my mom's bday. i made the icing from one of her childhood recipes.

8) i blogged.

i find so much comfort and rest in productivity.

i thought i would share also my latest works.

second watercolor: less happy with this one than the first, but i am calling it creabirth. it was supposed to represent rebirth, but instead ended up looking like a creature...but it's mine and i still love it.




Still cannot decide on orientation. thoughts?


gomes's got me my own sketch book and pencils for Christmas, and i am happy with some doodlings. enjoy.



You Might Also Like

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A rather bold question; but are you pregnant?

wheatgerm said...

great schedule