december evenings: show and tell...and post scripts of pavarotti

January 07, 2009 candacemorris 5 Comments

i have been blogularly absent since returning to work on monday because (surprise of all surprises) i have been somewhat busy at work.

though it's annoying, it's highly welcome.
though it's meaningless work, it brings me use and productivity.
how can this be?

welcome to being freaking me (not that it's worse than being any one else - pet peeve #492: i hate it when people imply that about themselves...like no one has it as bad as they do or any kind of shameless ploys for pity. it lacks compassion and perspective), but i seem to exist in an incessant amount of contradiction, hypocrisy, and paradox.

but back to the matter at hand.

my to do list has been haunted for an entire week now by the appropriate ending to the December Evenings project. though i still wait for my 2009 calendar to arrive, i realize we are already deeply entrenched into the first week or so of January, and I must pay my respects to the project that kept my creative juices flowing and my humbugary spirits from bathing in the spiked-nogg.

internet, i would like to introduce you to the talented group of people i now call my friends (some i already did, some i now do). seriously. look how talented and beautiful they are.

thank you, fellow photographers, artist, friends, humans.

here are my favorites from each individual...appearing in no particular order:

Formidable Friends
formidable friends by QuirkyEye


Cum <span class=
Cum Sanctus Spiritus by Rebecca Gomes

9DEC2008: Post Youth Group
Post Youth Group by Brian Wigand

Junior <span class=
Junior Photog by horseychicken

<span class=
Nightime Baking by Emily Burtt (my favorite dweller of Australia - also, check out her etsy shop!)


<span class=
xmas morning walk by jordan (dwelling in canadian subzeros!)




December 07 B
December 07 B by Jeremy Rosenlund (an ex student and burgeoning photographic genius)


December Twenty Four
December Twenty Four by The Good Which (MY SISTER!!!)



one exposure night by mapleleif (the first artist who saw the artist in me...)

Dec 16<span class=
Dec 16th: Christmas Tree in York by Chris Bradley (our UK dweller extraordinaire and future travel guide/host :) )

{12.15} the hardest question
{12:15} the hardest question by the highest heel - my parallel-o-friend dwelling so far away...

Days End
Days End by The Noisy Plume - sister, mother, daughter, friend. check out her etsy shop!

<span class=
dec4: c'est fin by IscahMara - my favorite redhead and comfort

My Constant Companions
My Constant Companions by Kelly Clark - buy one of her handmade, luxurious, and soulful pillows from her etsy shop, then go check out her paintings and save up to buy!!!

December Twenty One.
December Twenty One: pick up the pieces and go home by Mme. Bookling.


I am really thankful to have this caliber of work and communal participation. Thank you for encouraging my own work by jumping on board with my projects.

Who will start the next one in a few months?

I really do know some inspiring folk.

"to me, fair friend, you never can be old
for as you were when first your eye I eyed,
such seems your beauty still. "
~shakespeare

~raising a {second} glass to you,
lady whit


p.s.
and i just welled up in sobs of tears because Pavarotti came on my pandora station...(send me your email and i will share it with you)

You Might Also Like

5 comments:

Dutch said...

Thanks again, Candace. That was so good in so many ways.

she said...

duchess - what a beautiful tribute and recapitulation of not just the photos themselves, but your special connection to each person and the spirit of collaboration and comradeship woven throughout this entire project. we only followed your gracious and accepting lead, kindest of curators.

UmberDove said...

I really could go on about every single one of these photos, exclaiming why I love them and what moved me, but I will let it rest with only this: This was a beautiful project, and even though I had to drop away a bit at the end, I am always grateful for daily internet sharing with friends near and far. It feels like such community, such an easy, flowing web of artists and eyes who hunger for more.

So thank you my lovely.

I'll be looking forward to the next.

I loved Shot in the Dark.
I wish I would have been more consistent with my submissions!
Your final selections are marvelous!
Thanks for setting the entire thing up Whit.
Smooooooooch.

emilyclare said...

MMe, I really loved this photo challenge; even though (like Plume) I wish I'd submitted more. I love that everyone's nightimes are different; different weather, different scenes, and we become different people. Rare glimpses into so many beautiful, fascinating lives - which of course includes your own.