the longest day of the year

June 21, 2011 candacemorris 3 Comments


ever popular wind
kite
puff
sun salutation
my lovah
10:04pm - June 21, 2011
10:04 pm

10:33pm - June 21, 2011
10:33 pm

It's nearing 11:00 pm, and I'm just now seeing black.  
Summer nights in the PNW are a phenomenon I store away for future memories.
When my life has long been spent,
and I begin to feel the once innumerable hours of my existence exact their quantitative numbers upon my ticking heart,
  there are few things I request as I leave this planet.

I want to feel Joel's comfort through my hand,
I want to see my dearest kin's faces as they wrestle with the paradox of pain and peace,
 and I want to remember the night sky as I saw it tonight.

i've definitely got my eyes on this one

Life as one long, gorgeous day.

You Might Also Like

3 comments:

UmberDove said...

Last night I thought about you and the night sky there and missed it something fierce.

You have gorgeous eyes melancholic...I did not realize that it was the longest day, too freaked out by the 7 raccoons I saw but maybe they were celebrating?! : )

Emily L. said...

Love that last picture.