this and that

April 11, 2011 candacemorris 8 Comments

Happy Monday, readers and friends.  How do you fare this morning?  I find myself rested, elevated in spirits, and rearing to go this week.  Today marks the beginning of week one of my commitment to bikini season.  I am praying for a trip to Hawaii this fall, and am simply not well enough to feel good strutting around.

layers

For the next 10 or so weeks, I am buckling down and reclaiming that my best days, my most beautiful days, are ahead of me.
(Say it to your soul today for me too, won't you?)



A few items of this and that to report, in random and capricious order:


Joel and I are geeking out to a(nother) BBC miniseries called Downton Abbey.  This after we just finished watching Howard's End and North and South.  A shared interest of all things British has been a wonderfully common ground for Joel and I of late.  Truthfully, we do not share the same taste in movies and TV and will often enjoy them separately alone.  It is awfully nice to love something together, do you think?
__________

I saw this for the first time, finally.
What do I think of Fellini?  I am not sure.  Bizarre, beautiful, decadent.
__________
    Rewatched this and this.
    __________
      Read this.
      __________

      photo

      Waited for Joel to get ready while playing this 

      pho, no meat...extra broccoli
      so we could go eat this.

      Pho with no meat, extra broccoli. I add a lot of plum sauce, a few dabs of sriracha, a bunch of basil, and a twist of fresh lime.  Add a chrysanthemum tea with honey and you have a cheap and delicious city lunch.

      The weekend was full of awesome meals, actually.  Joel and I are addicted to this Cuban sandwich place called Pasoe's.  It's ridiculous.  I am taking you there if you come to Seattle.

      We also met up for a spontaneous brunch and spent all Sunday morning lounging in the company of our friends and awesome food.
      (Also happy to report that I was able to stay under 10 drinks this week.  Quite proud of myself, quite proud.)

      __________

      Cleaned out the closet and sold some clothes at a consignment store.  Felt so good!  Afterward, I spent my store credit on a great pair of black pleated slacks - something I've been wanting for some time, but just couldn't find any that flattered my pear shape.

      __________

      It's my girl's birthday!  It happens to be a special one. Last year at this time she was diagnosed with breast cancer, and now - completely cancer free.
      (knock on wood, pray to god, cross your fingers...whatever you do to bend the universe to your will)
      Happiest of Birthdays, Kelly dear.  This year is going to be the best one yet.


      Affectionately Yours,


      You Might Also Like

      8 comments:

      Huff'nPuff said...

      I'm looking forward to the Cuban sandwich and the meal in the photo when with you, yum!.......So excited and thankful for Kelly's results....I can see her smile...it's arresting! Thanking God!

      UmberDove said...

      I think a good day today is contagious. I also think that WHEN we are in Hawaii later this Summer you will look absolutely and positively ravishing. Drinking my first beverage of the week as we speak (it's muscat for my B-day breakie), wishing like MADNESS that you two were joining us for dinner and hot-tubs later. GUESS WE'LL JUST HAVE TO RAINCHECK FOR MAY!!!

      I agree with kelly, a good day is contagious, and between you two girls I am feeling it! It was supposed to pour rain today, but instead it is sunshiney bliss in Vancouver!
      You can't count me in to buckle down too - I have been much to relaxed lately with my eating habits and it is certainly slowing my progress.
      Also - Dan and I don't share the same taste in movies or tv either, so I totally get how wonderful it can be to just cuddle up and enjoy something with your honey.
      In final thoughts - more and more you tempt me to make the drive down to Seattle! Maybe I just need to be double dog dared to....
      Happy Monday!
      Jaime

      BC said...

      Jealous of that Pho. Seriously. And we will be doing Hawaii. And we will look awesome!

      Joelyn said...

      Holy mother of deliciousness!!!! Paseo is THE best place...having lived in the neighborhood when I was in Seattle, it was a frequently visited favorite! I can still taste the crunchy bread and aoli goodness...Damn I miss that sandwich! Sounds like a lovely weekend, and total ditto on the commitment to bikini season (but here in Hawaii bikini season is all year, so I gotta get on that shit!) Sending you strength and positivity toward your goals and props getting into gear! Aloha Candace!
      PS if you need or want any Hawaii travel tips/ideas I'd be happy to reccomend some of my faves!

      Dammit! I was logged in under my gf's email...that one from Joelyn was really from Sierra!

      Emily L. said...

      I think Downton Abbey is making the rounds! Also just finished North and South among various other BBC mini-dramas. All in all sounds like a delicious weekend!

      Leiflet said...

      Your best days are definitely ahead of you, SkasUp. I cringe when i think of some memories of myself as a young 20 something. I'm just in a happier place now. :)

      Soren and i had Pho last Saturday. "Big deal," you say. But i tell you, it IS a big deal because Vietnamese food didn't really exist before this finally decent restaurant opened. It's the first time i've had good Pho outside of the West coast.