Travels: The L.A. Edition

June 11, 2012 candacemorris 6 Comments


I returned late last night from the last of my escapades before the August arrival of our offspring.  All of these trips were booked some time in March when I had been plagued by a serious case of wanderlust and was also gifted with the second trimester glory, both of which factored into my ill-advised travel plans for May and June. Each trip was wonderful and I don't regret them, but I am so tired.  The kind of tired where the slightest tenderness from your husband makes you cry pathetically as you fall into his arms.  I find it so interesting that fatigue can bring us to the pockets of ourselves we thought sewn up.  The ugly ways we behave to others, the irrational thoughts, the incapacities of being.  Lesson for today, dear souls: SLEEP.  The end.

My nieces Clara and Victoria, and my oldest sister Monica


 Cousins


 Isaac waxing serious with GG Don and GG June

My mom and her yummy ice cream cake

 Sis wanted a side profile of the belly and my Mom's awesome 70s glasses


Me with my twin nephews, Vincent and Isaac


My Gma Ruth


My gorgeous niece, Victoria

Ze Belly.

The trip to LA was lovely. I almost never see my family, and for some reason, pregnancy has made me miss them more than usual.  There is something about being near your own blood while growing a life inside of you that makes sense.  Perhaps it's the ancient craving for the village's support, perhaps it's an answer to the loneliness of pregnancy, perhaps it's the answers to the need to know how other women of your DNA carried their children.  For whatever reason, it was nice.






For the rest of the weekend, post-shower, sis and I just hung out watching Clara be the cutest.


Come on! Really? 
Ouch, my hearts!

Monday feels a bit bitter in my mouth. More water please,

You Might Also Like

6 comments:

jordan said...

clara has turned into one beautiful little girl (not that i'm surprised, she was one gorgeous baby)! Looks like a lovely visit!

she said...

i love the look on teresa's face as she looks at clara in the second to last image. it's like i'm looking at someone who is doing the opposite of wearing a mask. i've always felt this way about photos of the two of them from the very beginning. your sister wears the fierce peaceful fearful tenderness of motherhood so beautifully. i look forward to taking in your face as you see your children. we've already talked about how similar you and t often appear to me, and while i imagine i will think the same as i see you with your children, i also know you will be a whole new thing, your own divine thing entirely. all my love to all of you.

she said...

SORRY, third-to-last image. not the one where they're pouting at each other, though that one is good in its own way :)

looks like a happy event well worth the fatigue...and I so like how you put it, about fatigue...I frequently feel that way...pushed to my limits into those pockets...enjoy sleep : )

Snailentina said...

Aaaah! Clara is so big and more adorable then ever, how is that possible? I don't know how they do it, but my niece is the same way, I am puzzled by their radiance.

Sweet belly lady, you keep it fly.

emilyclare said...

So true about the curious and true craving for family.

Clara is gorgeous. I love to imagine the wonderful girl-adventures she and your wee one will have.

Your belly makes me sing. Today I think fondly of you as I read keats aloud, crochet zigzags, nuzzle the soft back of Reu's neck and finally begin your letter...