Snowpocolypse 2012

January 19, 2012 candacemorris 10 Comments

 Look at these two opposite-sized pooches!  It must be chaos in that house.

Such a magnificent tree and sad pooch waiting for its coffee-saturated master.


 Here I am with my 11.5 week old fetus.  Note the last button of my coat is in protest.  Sigh.  So it begins.

When conditions become this extreme, I always seem to think of times in history when electricity, grocery stores, insulated houses, and the internet were not a part of life.  I wonder what manner of women I would be faced with those hardships?  I'm sure, as with most evolutionary processes, I would adapt and thrive in the environment afforded me, but man - I should would miss perusing thinkgeek for nerdy kid's stuff to put on the baby registry.  Instead, I would have to go churn butter or chop wood.   Now I know several ladies who seem to still have that pioneer woman spirit in them, but I think that was bred out of me in my easy-living, automobile-centric, fast-food loving, Southern California childhood.   But hey, not all is lost.  I certainly know my way around a computer, can manage my time like a professional planner, and have a god-given penchant for eye-makeup.  It's the 21st century Pioneer-ess.  That's me.

One more thing.  I had my 80mm lens on the camera for a while (easier to take pictures of family for holidays), and it completely uninspired me to pick up my camera.  I recently changed it to the 50mm, and now I am itching to use it more and more.  Now all is well.

Come again soon,

You Might Also Like

10 comments:

I wonder this same stuff all the time, and love how you put it into words...Sometimes if I'm watching period piece that takes place in a more, shall we say "rustic" time, I find myself thankful for hot showers after a long day, feminine hygiene products, and thai food take out for dinner! Don't get me wrong
I adore a camping trip and have been known to appreciate living off the grid in the middle of the desert!
Amen to that god given talent of eye make-up...I'm a bit lacking in that department and could use a tutorial! Happy baby belly snow day!

lovely lovely snow...I would have to go butterless I am sure and though pioneer women are gorgeous, I would have to starve and hope that some wolf finds me and takes me in...that donut is so scrumptuous next to the snow...at this point I would be eating snow with syup...enjoy

Extreme?
Allow me to: heeeeheeee! heeeeeeheeeeeeeeee!

(I'm Swedish. Last year we had 60 inches of snow in my town. The streets were like tunnels. Also, we get 3 hours of daylight and further north, none.)

Joyful said...

I love your 2nd and 3rd photos. Those could win prizes...or at least be on photo cards. Just lovely.

lulu said...

oh golly, what winter poifectness. by the bye, you're looking marvelous!

xo

UmberDove said...

Of course: you and your jelly donut, me and my vegan cocoa.

Two peas in an eyeshadow pod. ;)

I tried to talk BC into switching me places for the weekend. His response? I don't want to make any jewelry.

Hey! My donut was vegan!!

how perfectly lovely that you are able to gestate in snow. it will no doubt contribute to a heartier infant in 'due' time. snort.
as far as your pioneering lady friends, i must say you do keep good company.

emilyclare said...

you look so good all rugged up my dear, babe and all.. the seattle snow is particularly special to me you know... so far our winter here has been a very mild one - we have had about two mornings of frost at best. love to you xx

Snailentina said...

Haha! Protesting buttons!

We are supposed to get a few inches tonight, I can't want to make lots of tea, read, blog about December (!) and not answer my phone.